DEFENDERS is a business with a heart. We love supporting our local communities and we take every opportunity we can to give back. Each year, we run campaigns to challenge ourselves to help even more. As part of this continuing goal, we are running a campaign to assist the United Way of Central Indiana and we are setting our sights high! DEFENDERS is hoping to raise $125,000 with our annual campaign.
Engaging team members to support the United Way
As humble servants, we are always seeking ways to engage team members in our charitable campaigns. To promote participation in our annual United Way campaign, we are focusing our efforts on events. The following list details how DEFENDERS will help raise money for the United Way of Central Indiana:
- United Way days: As part of our annual campaign, we will be hosting United Way representatives in our office. On these days, team members will be able to discuss the impact of charitable donations and learn more about events and programs that benefit central Indiana.
- Additional service days: To encourage participation, DEFENDERS will be offering additional service days where team members can take part in United Way projects. These extra days will consist of team building, serving, and networking. Team members will participate in a service project for United Way for part of the day, followed by drinks, appetizers, and socializing.
- Annual chili cook-off: Our giving council will be hosting our annual chili cook-off with proceeds going to benefit the United Way. Chili masters Derek Fowler and Ryan Miller will oversee the event.
- Philanthroparty: DEFENDERS will also be hosting a Philanthroparty! Our Philanthroparty will be held in the Indianapolis area. Team members will pay admission to support the United Way and enjoy food, drinks, and live music.
- Learn-it lunches: We will host a series of learn-it lunches where a representative from the United Way will be present to tell us about some organizations they support and how giving will benefit the community.
In addition to these events, there are even more incentives for giving to the United Way of Central Indiana:
- Donating with Benevity: When team members donate through our giving platform, Benevity, DEFENDERS will match donations of any amount up to $5,000. Also, any team member donating through Benevity will be entered to win a $1,000 cash prize!
- Emerging Leaders: Any team member under the age of 40 who donates at least $100 will become part of Emerging Leaders. This gives team members access to networking events and mentoring while supporting the United Way.
- LINC: Young professionals between 22-30 years of age can donate $21 per month to the United Way to become part of the LINC (Lead Impact Network Change) group. As part of membership, team members can attend free networking events and take part in leadership opportunities offered by the LINC Steering Committee.
- Raffle drawings: Any team member who donates to the United Way will be entered to win prizes, such as tickets to sporting events and concerts, along with cash prizes.
So many ways to give! Participate to help us reach our goal for the United Way of Central Indiana.
Come see what it’s like to work for a company with a heart!