Stress in the workplace has now become increasingly commonplace. Modern workers are faced with a variety of dilemmas and tasks which is resulting in a more stressed out workforce. As a matter of fact, The American Institute of Stress reports that 75% of workers believe there is significantly more on-the-job stress now than a generation ago.
At DEFENDERS, we aren’t big fans of stress on the job. We realize that high levels of stress can cause physical, mental, and emotional problems. To help ensure our team members stay motivated on the job, we have instituted a variety of programs and updates to make work a little less stressful for our teams.
We know that our team members are capable of great things and we want to help them realize that. That’s why DEFENDERS offers multiple programs for employees to help them be successful and stress-free.
- Fitness programs: The Mayo Clinic reports various links between exercise and stress relief. Physical exercise helps to:
- Improve your mood
- Relieve tension
- Boost feel-good endorphins in the body
- Improve sleep
- Increase your ability to remain calm
- Our Fitness @ Work programs are offered as a way to get team members moving while at work. These initiatives encourage physical activity and promote participation through encouragement, a sense of community, and various associated tools.
- Financial coaching: Financial woes can hit anyone hard. In fact, a study by Northwestern Mutual reveals that finances are the number-one cause of stress. For that reason, we provide financial planning services to all of our team members, along with a variety of associated resources, including webcasts, videos, online seminars, and even on-demand financial planners to help ease any money-related anxiety.
- Mentorships: At DEFENDERS, we know that mentorships can be a wonderful setting for working through professional or personal hardships. We support, arrange, and encourage mentorships so that team members are fully supported as they work toward their goals.
- Internships: DEFENDERS engages a number of interns in a variety of different departments to help encourage young leaders.
DEFENDERS Headquarters Upgrades
In addition to these programs, DEFENDERS has made some major upgrades to our Indianapolis HQ to promote a healthy working environment. Recently, our HQ was completely overhauled (link to HQ reno post) to integrate cutting-edge technology and innovation into the place we call home. Our enhanced space includes many new amenities that make work life seem a little less like work.
- Our HQ now sports new work pods with soft seating that support working without the discomfort of traditional office chairs.
- Team members can now take advantage of a massage chair while they check email or engage in various other work tasks.
- The new outdoor patio at our HQ offers a scenic view and comes equipped with Wi-Fi so that team members can take in some fresh air as they work.
- Our café area is now furnished with a gaming area where team members can blow off some steam and engage in a little friendly competition.
- The HQ renovation included a revamping of office spaces so that all spaces are showered in natural light.
- A variety of collaborative areas were added around the office to encourage teamwork and offer alternative working areas for team members.
Reducing on-the-job stress is only one way we help support our team. Come see what it’s like!
Want to join a low-stress working environment? Come join our team!